Tuesday, October 15, 2013

My pledge to finish all the things!


No not really. That would be crazy. I have decided though to join in the 4th quarter of the 2013 Finish along going on over at She can quilt. My friend Holly participated last quarter and finished some great projects and as I need to finish some things up(don't we all?) I thought I'd jump on the bandwagon while I could.

Then the decision. Which projects to actually pledge to finish in the next 3 months? You know, arguably the busiest time of year. One of the busiest for me anyways.
Here's what I decided on.



1. Penguin Pillow, I started this almost a year ago and it has sat prettily on my wall since then waiting to be finished. It should be done before this Christmas right?


2. Christmas quilt, this was an unplanned, on a whim, start a couple weeks ago. I finished the blocks in a frenzy of activity and then it's been sitting. I don't want it to stay sitting for a year like the penguin pillow.


3. Needle book, This is for a swap, I finished the front a few weeks ago, I just need to finish it up or I won't be able to send it off!

4. Sam's quilt, My kids were next on the list for receiving quilts, and Sam had picked out a half square triangle design. Then the VMQG announced the Cotton Couture Challenge and I thought GREAT! I'll combine the 2. And cut 252 squares to be made into 252 HSTs. How many are now HSTs? 4. I have a ways to go! Go Michelle go!



So to re-cap:

1. Penguin Pillow
2. Christmas Quilt
3.Needle book
4. Sam's Quilt

And I'd better stop there. Is this realistic? I'm not sure. But I'm going to give it a good
go!


4 comments:

  1. Yay! Glad you've joined the FAL! Did you know you have the honour of being the last person to link up for Q4?

    Cheering you on from the sidelines!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not surprised, I think there was about 12 minutes left until the cut off! lol! Talk about procrastination. Maybe that's not a good sign for a FAL? LoL!

      Delete
  2. Way to go Michelle! I really should finish my penguin too ... you're further along than I am!

    ReplyDelete